If the artist is inexperienced or uses the wrong technique. It happens when the ink spreads too far under the skin, causing the tattoo to look blurry. This can be frustrating because it can destroy the final result. Many people want to know How to fix tattoo blowout?
Fortunately, several advanced methods or techniques can help you to fix tattoo blowouts such as laser tattoo removal or tattoo touch-ups. The action will depend on the severity of the blowout, the location of the tattoo, and the client’s skin type and sensitivity.
In this article, we’ll explore some of the most effective methods for fixing tattoo blowouts and provide some tips to prevent them. Whether you’re a tattoo artist or a client, this guide will help you better understand how to deal with this common tattooing issue.
How to Fix Tattoo Blowout? All You Need to Know
I will describe all the credible and proven ways to deal with tattoo blowouts, so keep reading:
Causes of Tattoo Blowout
Tattoo blowouts can occur due to various reasons, including
- Using too much ink during the tattooing process
- Applying too much pressure while tattooing
- Using a tattoo needle that’s too deep or too thin
- Placing the tattoo needle at the wrong angle
- Tattooing over a scar or stretch mark
- Poor aftercare
Tidbit: Tattoo Needles names are Round Liners, Round Shaders, Magnum Shaders, Curved Magnum Shaders, Flat Shaders, and Double Stacks.
How to Fix the Tatto Blowout?
If you’re dealing with a tattoo blowout, there are two primary options to fix it
A touch-up is the most common way to fix a tattoo blowout. Here are the steps you need to follow
- Wait for the tattoo to heal completely
- Schedule an appointment with your tattoo artist
- Discuss the blowout with your tattoo artist
- Your tattoo artist will use a needle and ink to carefully fill in the area affected by the blowout
- Wait for the touch-up to heal completely before assessing the results
Why don’t you read about tattoo removal session time How Long Does Tattoo Removal Take? 5 Factors You Must Know
Laser removal is another option to fix a tattoo blowout. Here are the steps you need to follow
- Find a reputable laser removal clinic
- Schedule a consultation to assess if laser removal is suitable for you
- If laser removal is suitable, schedule a session
- During the session, the laser will break down the ink particles in the affected area
- Repeat the laser sessions until the blowout is fixed
- Wait for the area to heal completely before assessing the results
Here is our another guide on Tattoo Removal, Can You Get a Fresh Tattoo Removed? Undo Your Mistake
How to Avoid Tattoo Blowout?
Prevention is always better than cure. Here are some tips to avoid tattoo blowout
- Choose a reputable and experienced tattoo artist with a reliable tattoo machine.
- Ensure that your tattoo artist uses the right needle and ink
- Ask your tattoo artist to use a light hand while tattooing
- Avoid getting tattoos over scars or stretch marks
- Follow the aftercare instructions given by your tattoo artist
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
How Long Does It Take For a Tattoo Blowout to Appear?
A tattoo blowout can appear immediately after getting a tattoo, or it can take a few weeks to become noticeable. The exact timing varies depending on the individual’s skin and the size and location of the tattoo.
Can Tattoo Blowout Be Fixed?
Yes, tattoo blowouts can be fixed through touch-ups or laser removal. Touch-up involves reapplying ink to the affected area, while laser removal uses lasers to break down the ink and remove it.
Is Touch-Up Painful?
Touch-ups can be slightly painful, depending on the location of the tattoo and your pain tolerance. Your tattoo artist may apply a numbing cream to reduce the pain during the touch-up procedure.
Get a detailed view of What Does Tattoo Removal Feel Like? A Guide to Managing Pain
How Many Laser Sessions Are Needed to Fix Tattoo Blowout?
The number of laser sessions needed to fix a tattoo blowout depends on the severity of the blowout and the type of ink used. On average, it takes 5-10 sessions to fix a tattoo blowout.
Can All Types of Ink be Removed Through Laser Removal?
No, not all types of ink can be removed through laser removal. Some ink colors are more challenging to remove than others, and it may take multiple sessions to achieve desired results.
Tattoo blowouts can be frustrating and disappointing, but it’s not the end of the world. As discussed in this article, there are ways to fix a tattoo blowout, and it’s essential to choose the right option for you. Whether you opt for touch-up or laser removal, make sure to choose a reputable artist or clinic to ensure the best results.