It is truly beyond belief how far the beauty industry has come. From one chemical to another, skin care companies are trying to make the ultimate product that defeats all skin-related issues in seconds. Precious metals have stood most prominently in recent years among the ingredients. Platinum Skin Care products are new and get everyone’s attention. Therefore, as an expert, I will answer the query Is Platinum Skin Care Legit?
Platinum Skin Care offers different chemical serums for skin-related problems. Treat your acne, wrinkles, marks, breakout, hyperpigmentation, and scarring at home with the goodies of Platinum Skin Care. It allows you to use the chemical peel at home and in offices to brighten the skin for a quick get-together or official meetings.
Platinum Skin Care – Products Review
Today, everyone wants an eternal beauty piece of cake. In this way, Platinum Skin Care introduces its various chemical serums that minimize all the fine lines, lift the skin and brighten it up. Moreover, it helps reduce wrinkles, acne scars, hyperpigmentation, and fine lines.
Platinum Skin Care TCA Peel
To do TCA peel, Platinum Skin Care is the most effective, efficient, and affordable brand.
What is TCA?
A TCA (trichloroacetic acid) peel is a chemical peel that can improve the skin’s appearance by reducing fine lines, wrinkles, and other signs of aging. TCA peels are also used to treat pigmentation problems and acne.
They are considered a “medium depth” peel, meaning they enter deeper into the skin than superficial peels like glycolic acid peels but not as deep peels like phenol peels.
Platinum Skin Care TCA peel is among one the bestsellers on the market. Moreover, it offers 4 different concentrations.
- 7% TCA – For Eye Peels
- 13& TCA – For Face Peels
- 20% TCA – For Strong Face Peels
- 30% TCA – For Body Peels or TCA CROSS
Platinum Skin Care is a brand that offers a TCA peel as part of its line of skincare products. Their TCA peel typically applies in a series of layers, with the strength of the solution and the number of layers used depending on the individual’s skin type and the desired results.
A TCA peel considers a professional product. It does not advise doing it at home as the risk of burns and other complications is much higher than with a light chemical peel. Additionally, it is best done by a licensed skin care professional or a dermatologist.
It considers safe when performed by a qualified professional, but like all medical procedures, it does carry some risks. Some potential side effects of a TCA peel include redness, swelling, and skin discoloration. There is also a risk of infection, scarring, and other complications, mainly if the peel is performed too profoundly.
If you are a newbie to TCA, using 13-15% of TCA in monolayer is recommended. Furthermore, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH) is possible if you have a darker skin tone. Here are following some ways to reduce this risk, such as:
- Get ready for your skin by using a melanin inhibitor for 2-3 weeks before.
- Utilize a low quantity of TCA, like 13%.
- Do not forget to apply retinoids or AHAs to thin the stratum corneum and increase acid penetration.
Before considering any chemical peel, consult a licensed skincare professional or a board-certified dermatologist to determine if a TCA peel is appropriate for your skin type and desired results. They will also advise on the appropriate concentration of the TCA peel and the after-care.
You can read about: Can You Wear Makeup After a Chemical Peel?
TCA peel is an excellent choice if you have skin problems like wrinkles, acne, and fine lines. It also minimizes skin disorders, such as melasma, by allowing skin a smooth and healthy look.
Platinum Skin Care Mandelic Peel
Mandelic acid is a type of alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that derives from almonds. It uses chemical peels as a gentle alternative to other AHAs, such as glycolic acid.
Mandelic acid has a larger molecular size than other AHAs, allowing it to penetrate the skin more slowly and less intensely. This makes it an excellent choice for people with sensitive skin or those who are new to chemical peels.
A mandelic acid peel can improve the skin’s appearance by reducing fine lines, wrinkles, and other signs of aging. It can also help to reduce pigmentation problems and acne.
Platinum Skin Care is a brand that offers a mandelic acid peel as part of its line of skincare products. There are the following two high-quality mandelic acid peels.
- Mandelic Azelaic Pro Peel 22% ( for sensitive skin and rosacea- a veritably light peel)
- Mandelic Pro Peel 40%( for more robust results but still considered a light peel)
The first peel contains 20% mandelic acid plus 2% azelaic acid ( a helpful skin cheering agent) and suit for sensitive skin but also for teens and pre-teens to control acne problems.
The concentration of the acid used as well as the duration of the peel, will vary based on the individual’s skin type and the desired results.
Note: It generally considers safe when performed by a professional, but like all medical procedures, it carries some risks.
Platinum Skin Care Salicylic Peel
Salicylic acid is a type of beta-hydroxy acid (BHA). It often uses in chemical peels, as well as in over-the-counter acne products, to help unclog pores and reduce acne.
It works by exfoliating the skin and breaking down the bonds that hold dead skin cells together, which can help reduce the formation of black and whiteheads. Moreover, It is also an anti-inflammatory agent that helps to reduce redness and inflammation associated with acne.
Platinum Skin Care is a brand that offers a salicylic acid peel as part of its line of skincare products.
It’s also worth noting that Salicylic acid considers a “light” chemical peel. Moreover, the benefits of Salicylic acid peel can also obtain from using Salicylic acid-containing over counter products.
However, the concentration of the acid in these products is much lower and less intense than in a professional chemical peel.
In Platinum Skin Care, Salicylic Acid comes as a kit. This set of kits includes everything you need.
- 2.0 oz Salicylic Acid Peel (3%, 15%, 25%) – This is double the usual bottle size (1.0 oz) and includes Menthol for “cooling action” to minimize any burning sensations. The 3% consider a mini-peel suitable for teens as a daily or weekly treatment and adults as a daily toner. 15% is the best starting point as a weekly peel to clear blemishes, while 25% is a much stronger version that works well as a spot treatment.
- 2.0 oz Peel Prep Solution – An alcohol-based toner to prepare your skin for a chemical peel. This helps remove skin surface oils and dirt, allowing the salicylic acid to work impressively.
- 4.5 oz Post-Peel Neutralizer – A baking soda solution with Panthenol and Tea Tree Oil. Use the neutralizer after 2-5 minutes to stop the chemical peel from penetrating too deeply.
- Your choice of Fan Brush or Gauze Pads – I prefer gauze pads as I find it hard to get an even application using a fan brush.
Platinum Skin Care’s Salicylic Acid kit has all the necessary items to start peeling at home for healthier, smoother, and clearer skin.
Have a look at our other blog post about the credibility of the BOBBI BROWN: Is Bobbi Brown Makeup Hypoallergenic?
If you’re looking for a starter kit, Platinum Skin Care has you covered with their Lactic Acid 50 Platinum Skin Care. Lactic Acid is a chemical exfoliant used to improve the appearance and texture of the skin.
Lactic acid is an alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA) derived from milk. It is known for its ability to gently exfoliate the skin, reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and improve overall skin tone and texture. It also helps to boost collagen production, which can result in firmer, more youthful-looking skin.
It’s used in many skincare products but is commonly found in serums, peels, and masks. It’s commonly recommended for dry, sensitive skin because it’s gentler than other exfoliants like glycolic acid.
The Lactic acid kit includes everything you need.
- Lactic Acid 50% Peel 2.0 oz – the bottle is double the ordinary size (1.0). It includes ingredients such as Panthenol, Allantoin, and Rosemary Leaf Extract, which helps to reduce redness and soothe skin sensitivity.
- Peep Prep Solution 2.0 oz – It is an alcohol-based toner that preps the skin for a chemical peel. This peel works like magic and helps in removing any skin surface oil and debris and allows lactic acid to function effectively.
- Post-Peel Neutralizer 4.5 oz – It is a baking soda solution with the addition of Panthenol and Tea Tree oil. Apply it after 3-5 minutes to stop the chemical peel from getting too deeply into the skin.
- Fan Brush or Gauze Pads – Use one according to your need. I prefer gauze pads, as I find them more gentle over my skin than a fan brush. On the other hand, Fan brushes make applying to peel more difficult.
Get an insight also about: How Long After a Hydrafacial Can I Wear Makeup?
Platinum Skin Care Glycolic Acid is a type of alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) commonly used in skincare products. It derives from sugar cane and is a popular ingredient in exfoliating products, such as scrubs and peels, due to its ability to gently remove dead skin cells and improve the texture and tone of the skin.
Glycolic Acid also helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and can improve the overall health and appearance of the skin by promoting collagen production. Some studies suggest it can also help reduce acne and other skin blemishes.
However, it should use with caution, as excessive use or use on sensitive skin can cause irritation and redness.
This acid solution is a more traditional and common type of chemical peel. The Glycolic Acid kit includes;
- Glycolic Acid Peel 2.0 oz (30%, 50%, 70%) – As an expert, I recommend starting with 30% acid to a chemical peel. 50% recommended for advanced peelers. Additionally, a 70% version usually use for the body into lower concentration peels.
- Peep Prep Solution 2.0 oz – It is an alcohol base toner used to prepare the skin for a chemical peel. It helps to extract skin oil and debris.
You can also read in detail that after how much time you can wear makeup after Restylane: How Long After Restylane Can I Wear Makeup?
Is Platinum safe for skin?
Using Platinum in skin care products helps diminish fine lines, wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, and acne. Additionally, it protects the skin layer.
What is Platinum peel?
Platinum Peel is a new way to replenish or rejuvenate your skin by minimizing skin damage. It is a chemical that helps to brighten up the skin by reducing dryness and inflammation from the skin.
What are the disadvantages of platinum?
Platinum is a precious metal valued for its beauty and durability, but it also has some disadvantages. The main disadvantage of using platinum in skincare is that it can be expensive, as platinum is a precious metal.
Another disadvantage of using platinum-based compounds in skincare products is that they may only be suitable for some. Some people may have sensitive skin that reacts poorly to certain platinum-based compounds.
Additionally, some platinum-based compounds may cause skin irritation, redness, and dryness if used in high concentrations or too frequently. It’s essential to patch-test the product before using it on your face and to use it as the manufacturer directs.
Over to You – Platinum Skin Care
Platinum Skin Care introduces various treatments to make skin fresh, glowing, bright, tight, and healthy. Undoubtedly it is expensive, but it is worth every penny.
It is essential to follow all post-peel instructions provided by your skincare professional or dermatologist to minimize the risk of complications and promote optimal healing. This includes protecting your skin from the sun, avoiding certain skin care products, and using moisturizers and other products as directed.